Last Update : May 9, 2019
1. Information Collection Practices.
a. Types of Information Collected.
i. Non-Personal Information.
• Traffic Data. We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site to use the Service: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers or devices accessing the Site and access times; and (4) types of web browsers or applications used to access the Site, and any referring website addresses (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site in using the Service.
• Cookies. When you visit our Site to use the Service, we may assign the browser from which you access our Service one or more cookies or similar technologies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a “cookies” or similar technology, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, the searches you conduct on our Site and we also collect and store the password associated with your account so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or decide which types of cookies to automatically accept or reject.
• Mobile Devices. We may receive information from your mobile devices when you visit our Site, such as identifiers for advertising (“IDFA”) and geographic or geolocation information. If you choose to turn off identifiers such as IDFA or locational tracking on your mobile device, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered through our Service.
• Analytics Data. We may use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our Service. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information (collectively, “Analytics Data”).
ii. Personal Information.
• Account Information and Communication. Although you may freely visit the Site, to create and host an event using the Service you must create a Givetivity account, which requires you to provide us with basic information about yourself (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) “Contact Data” (such as your name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address); and (2) “Demographic Data” (such as your zip code or other demographic or profile information we may ask you to provide when registering your account). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
• Information About Others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us when you use our Service, including (without limitation) email address or physical address. So, for example, if you use our Service to send other information that may interest them, invitations or correspondence, or other communications through our Service, we may store and use the information you provide to us. We use the information you provide about others in several ways, including (a) to allow people to respond to and comment on your Givetivity invitation; (b) to send reminders and other event information; (c) to the extent so enabled by the host, to display the guests’ email address or other information to other guests of the same event; (d) to send post-event communications and promotional emails; and (e) to provide to third parties under some circumstances, such as, for example, providing certain billing zip code information to our payment processor WePay.
• Information from Social Network Service (including Facebook). If you link our Service with any third-party social networking service then we may collect certain information related to or associated with your account with that social networking service. For example, our Service allows you to potentially import or link your Facebook or Google contacts to prepare your Givetivity invitation. You may have the ability to control what information is shared from these third-party social network services by adjusting the privacy settings on those social media platforms. In addition, you may publish the Givetivity invitation through your other social media platforms, including user groups or by socializing a link to the Givetivity invite page.
b. California and Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
c. Uses of Information Collected. In addition to using information collected to manage our business or to enforce our Terms of Service, below are other examples of how Personal and non-Personal Information may be used.
ii. Our Use of Personal Information. We use Contact Data to send you information about us and the Service or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary in order to provide the Service, to manage your account or provide you with customer support. We may use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Service, or to develop and display content or advertising that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences. In addition, as a host of Givetivity event, your email address (or any other information that you voluntarily provide when you register your event and/or establish an activities registry on our Service) will be visible to guests who have been invited to your events.
iv. Sale of Business & Corporate Transactions. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell portions of our company, including the information collected through this Service, or we may engage in another corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, or a bankruptcy event. If Givetivity or substantially all of its assets are sold or Givetivity is involved in merger or other corporate transaction, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the buyer or the surviving entity.
v. Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
• In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Services terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
d. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use, and Distribution of Personal Information. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use parts of the Service; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Service that require your Personal Information.
3. User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information. If you set up an online account with us when you hosted a Givetivity event, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You may access, review and update the Personal Information we have collected about you in the Profile page of your account. You may also correct this information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-243-6243. To close your Givetivity account, you need to contact us at email@example.com, and upon verification of your account profile information by our customer service representative, your account will be de-activated or deleted.
4. Public Forums. The Service may include interactive forums such as message boards and chat rooms. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
5. Third Party Websites. The Service may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit those websites or click on an advertisement that takes you to another site, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies, including their collection, storing and maintenance of any information you choose to provide to such third party websites. This includes a host’s registration and transmittal of personal financial or payment information to the WePay site, which you will be required to access as a host of an event and as part of setting up an activity registry.
7. Children’s Privacy. Our Service is for a general audience and is not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and if we become aware that we have, we will promptly delete such information from our servers.
P.O. Box 261101
Encino, CA 91426